ח' לחודש השלישי תשע"ג
In an attempt to suppress potential Price Tag vandalism motivation, the Education and Justice Ministries in conjunction with the Shin Bet intend to round up hilltop youth, ideologically-driven high school dropouts, in order to provide them with an education along with emotional therapy, in addition to identifying potential school rejects before they actually get to the hilltop.
(Tip Credit: The Lion of Beth Shemesh)
Esser Agaroth (2¢):
Let's take a look at the definition of "rehabilitate," according to Merriam-Webster.com. Don't worry about the translation from Hebrew. The translation is just fine. I have highlighted in red what I believe to be the most disturbing aspects of this word, and thus what I believe to be the most disturbing aspects of the Israeli government's plan for these idealistic, Jewish kids.
Re-educate pretty much sums it up. Although reclaim, redeem, reform, refine, cleanse, and purify support the strength of the radical transformation desired, when one forces "rehabilitation" ontransitive verb \ˌrē-ə-ˈbi-lə-ˌtāt, ˌrē-hə-\re·ha·bil·i·tat·edre·ha·bil·i·tat·ing
Definition of REHABILITATE1a : to restore to a former capacity : reinstate
b : to restore to good repute : reestablish the good name of2a : to restore to a former state (as of efficiency, good management, or solvency) <rehabilitate slum areas>
b : to restore or bring to a condition of health or useful and constructive activity— re·ha·bil·i·ta·tion noun— re·ha·bil·i·ta·tive adjective— re·ha·bil·i·ta·tor noun
Examples of REHABILITATE
- The clinic rehabilitates drug addicts.
- He's still rehabilitating the knee he injured last summer.
- They try to rehabilitate horses that have suffered injuries.
- The program is intended to rehabilitate criminals.
- The country has rehabilitated its image since the war.
- The city plans to rehabilitate its slum areas.
Related to REHABILITATE
- habilitate, reclaim, redeem, regenerate, reform
- Related Words
- reeducate; amend, improve, refine; cleanse, purify, restore
And who should be held responsible for this plan of action? How about the current Minister of Education for starters? And who could that be, but none other than Shai,...excuse me,... RABBI Shai Piron from Yair Lapid's Yesh Atid ("There is a future") Party.
|Rabbi Shai Piron, Minister of Re-Education|
Boy, that face sure inspires confidence, doesn't it?
(Photo Credit: Yo'av Dudekevitch)
|(Photo Credit: Yossi Aloni)|
C'mon! Gimme a break! They are not talking about "re-education;" they are talking about indoctrination, which just a euphemism for brainwashing.
Sure. Some of these kids could use some guidance. However,...
1. The traditional, Western educational system which secular, Ashkenazi, Israeli, elitist society expects all to pass through, may not actually be the most efficient for these kids. How about that?
2. Most of these kids are not interested in conforming to Western/assimilationist standards. (Thank God!) They are disillusioned and/or disenfranchised by an Israeli government which throws Jews out of their homes, hands over Biblical Jewish lands to Arab terrorists, and does little if anything at all effective in preventing their parents, siblings, and neighbors from being murdered.
3. Many of these kids are receiving the necessary guidance and/or Torah necessary to provide them with the skills to become "productive members of society," as well as tax payers. The Israeli Ministry of Education should be overjoyed at all the money it is saving due to such informal, self-education programs.But, of course, that's not really the goal of the Ministry of Education, to provide assistance to these Jewish kids. Fast forward this video to time marker 1:50 to learn all about its real intentions. Thank-you very much, Labor Zionist, Erev Rav.
"Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service us."
"ההתנגדות היא חסרת תועלת. החיים שלך כפי שהיו כבר נגמרים. מעתה והלאה תשרתו אותנו."
For those unfamiliar with Star Trek and the "Borg," The "Borg" is a collective consciousness, whose primary purpose is to assimilate the cultures of others into its own.