It is just passed the deadline for the submission of party candidate lists for the impending national elections.
The National Union is back, leaving the Jewish Home Party, nicknamed the National Religious Party home, in the dust!
Here are the first five candidates on its list (IsraelNN):
1. Ya'aqov Ka"tzAll of these candidates are strong on the issue of NO LAND GIVEAWAYS, and the religious candidates understand that the Torah must be involved with all aspects of a Jew's life, including governance, and not just to resolve kashrus shailos. They are also strong on the issue of Torah precedence over the deluded fantasies of mamlakhti (undying state loyalist) candidates such as:
Arutz 7 Co-founder
2. MK Uri Ariel
3. Aryeh Eldad
(Moledet) - former IDF physician/commander
4. Micha'el Ben-Ari
(Eretz Yisrael Shelanu) - Professor, Bar-Ilan University
5. Uri Bank
(Moledet) - Party Chair
Daniel "There are differing opinions on territorial concessions" HershkowitzOh, I have no doubt that the mamlakhtim will soon start crying "Purveyors of disunity, repent!" or their favorite "this is baseless hatred!" dividing the community up like this. (eyes rolling)
Zevulun "What have rabbis got to do with governance?" Orlev
Uri "Soldiers can't refuse orders no matter what" Orbach
I've got some news for you. There isn't just one community calling itself religious Zionist. There are two, a real one and a fake one. Analyze the data above, and do the math yourself.
Unity is about unifying the Jewish People under strong and faithful leadership, not about mixing the tahor with the tamei. That's not unity; that's very poorly made shampoo.
The National Union and the Marzel/Wolpe Eretz Yisra'el Shelanu (Our Land of Israel) agreed on a compromise, and so have successfully joined forces.
The Jewish Home Party wouldn't have given Marzel or Wolpe a second glance, except to throw around fear-mongering, catch phrases like "extremist" and "fanatic." So, don't lecture ME on unity.
If preferring loyalty to HaShem and His Torah over undying loyalty to the State means you're an "extremist" and "fanatic," then I guess that makes me one, too. I'm in good company.
Anyway, now that I've given the mamlakhtim something to ponder for a while, that is, if it didn't go too far over their heads, let me get back to the Nation Union's list of candidates.
The list does raise some questions:
1. Where is MK Tzvi Hendel's (Tequmah) place on the list?Inquiring minds want to know.
(Hendel has decided to remove himself from the Jewish Home Party list of candidates.)
2. Will Effie Eitam (Ach"i) come crawling back to the National Union?
3. Is this the last we've seen of Rabbi MK Yitzhaq Levy (Ach"i)?
4. Will the National Religious Party finally die that horribly painful death I have been hoping for?
Nation Union Places 9 - 12:
6. Alon Davidi
S'derot Defense Task Force & former director, S'derot Hesder Yeshiva
7. Avi Rath
Journalist & Author
8. Prof. Ron Breiman
former chair, Professors for a Strong Israel
9. Betzalel Smutrich
Movement to Preserve National Lands
10.Lior Kalfa (according to Arutz 7)
Gush Katif Residents Committee
10. Ilan Cohen (according to the HaTikvah Party website)
11. Shabtai Weintraub (according to the HaTikvah Party website)
12. Shmu'el Hermesh (according to the HaTikvah Party website)
Katzeleh is a man of action. I wish them much success.
I feel so relieved.
A Political Party To Vote For
Now let's get to work.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Post a Comment