Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crescent News Network

10 of the Ninth Month 5768

I was reading Debbie Schlussel tonight, one of the few writers I read on a daily basis, when something caught my eye. Debbie wrote a piece on one of the, shall we say, extremely unhelpful people in the universe she's been tracking, Julie Meyers, nominee to head the U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement [ICE]. In the process she referenced CNN, referring to it as the "Crescent News Network."

CNN LIESFor a minute there, I thought it was hysterically funny, and clever. Then I realized how frighteningly true it was. It's no hidush (nothing new) to us in Israel, who when flipping the channels catch CNN at their deceit. No, it's not laziness, but deceit, thus the popularity of the bumper sticker (left). I, myself, have literally watched CNN report on events in Israel inaccurately, events I experienced personally, painting an Islamic-friendly, Israeli-bashing picture of things. Well, "inaccurate" would be a profound understatement.

CNN HELPSDuring the Second Lebanon War, I came up with another idea for a bumper sticker (right). Some of CNN's "errors" seemed to be just too convenient. I'm not accusing them of anything, of course. I'm only speaking hypothetically. (eyes rolling).

It's 3:00 in the morning, I'm unemployed, and the money is running out. I'm reading Debbie Schlussel. What else would I be doing? Getting some sleep, so that I can get up at a decent hour and pound the pavement?

No. Why should I do that? I'd rather doctor CNN's logo, using only Graphic Converter, Debbie's clever reference, and my imagination.


CNN: Crescent News Network


Here's the original logo for comparison:


CNN

For all I know something like this has already been done. But, I had fun making it anyway. Feel free to spread it around the Web. And, please make sure to credit me. I'm actually not interested in credit for credit's sake. I'm hoping that by my cleverness (or hutzpah) I will merit employment. Even getting sued may drum up some shameless publicity for myself, which could lead to a job. (Oh, and CNN, I don't have any money, so don't waste your time.)

My resume may be viewed at:

Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah's Resume

Oh, and, by the way, it turns out that there already is a "Crescent News Network." But, that's OK. We can start calling IT CNN for short.
You Might Also Like...