Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Good News! ...But Not Really That Good

26 of the Eleventh Month 5770

On my way to work, I saw a man who appeared to be of Asian decent, dressed up more than the usual Philipino attendants to the elderly. At first glance, he could have been a tourist or a visiting professor, albeit an eccentric one.

He was talking to a religious, young man, who seemed backed against a bus stop. It looked a bit suspicious. I heard him speaking in Hebrew, but nothing which would raise a red flag. So, I let it go, and kept walking.

After getting something to eat before heading off to work, I saw this man again, now speaking to a religious woman. They were at the bus stop where I needed to wait for my bus. This man was now speaking in English.

He was talking about some Christian nonsense, and the woman was calmly refuting him. Another young man with a kippah, and an older man without a kippah were beginning to gather in to listen as well.

Without yelling, or even raising my voice, I entered the fray. "This is avodah zarah, idolatry. you are polluting our Land. You are not even allowed to be here."

The woman found the opportunity to walk away, and the younger man yelled after her, "Kol HaKavod!" (Well done!)

He responded with, "Three years ago, I heard the word of god! You cannot ignore the word of god!"

"We already have the word of God. We follow halachah, Torah Law. You're not allowed to be here."

Clearly jarred, he gluided away, still jabbering on.

The younger man yelled after him, "Meshugah!" (crazy!)

The man without a kippah reminded me of the psychological disorder known as "Jerusalem Syndrome," and that maybe the Asian man had it. I said, "Maybe." Even though the symptoms had not been confirmed.

Whether it was better for them to ignore him, to tell at him, or to allow themselves to be engaged by him, aside, they reacted much better than I have seen native Israelis react. Good news.

But for every nut job out there, there are two or more Christians out there, who have done some serious study in workshops, courses, and retreats, how to attack and to steal Jewish souls.

"Rabbis" are praising them.

Political parties are helping them to settle here.

So, unfortunately, my good news wasn't that good after all.



*********


For a summary of Christian motives and strategies in Israel, I recommend the recent article "The New Christian Zionism And The Jews" by Rachel Tabachnick.

(Tip Credit: Tomer Devorah and Esav Exposed)

4 comments:

Ben-Shmuel said...

The spiritual threats are every bit as insidious as the ones posed by the accursed Arabs. Neither the destroyers of Jewish souls nor the destroyers of Jewish bodies have a right to be here in our Holy Land. As usual, you are correct in noting that the enemy within" is aiding and abetting the missionaries.

Yisroel Reiss said...

Hey - you handled yourself really well in the situation. Very cool.

Miriam Woelke said...

B"H

Well done !!!

I think the crazy German Christian woman calling herself Jewish and singing in Agrippas Street on Fridays is back.

She is the same nut and spreading her Avodah Zarah.

Esser Agaroth said...

Miriam,

Hmm...

If I say something to her I wonder if the gigantic Russians will attack me again.

I wonder if the Nahlaot community knows,...or cares.

You Might Also Like...