Saturday, January 17, 2009

CNN: "10 Things To Say To Keep The Peace."

Mossa'ei Shabbath Qodesh Parshath Shemoth 5769

Jack
tipped me off [via our new toy Twitter] to this CNN story by Laurie Puhn, "10 Things To Say To Keep The Peace." He suggested that he might have to play with this one. But maybe I beat him to it. In any event, I look forward to see what he does with it.

Laurie Puhn recommends the "use [of] these 10 go-to phrases to defuse potentially volatile conversations and help you get through the coming years -- in harmony." Even though she is talking about personal relationships, I would like to throw her advice back at her Arab-loving CNN, otherwise known as the Crescent News Network.

Crescent News Network

Let's see if they think the advice is still sound if Israel were to use these phrases in its work to "harmonize" its relationships with various Arabs (and one Persian)....
1. President Mubarik, thank you for your opinion. I'll think about it.
(Egypt)


2. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is this a good time for you?
(Iran)

3. Osama Bin Laden, would you like my thoughts?
(Al-Qaeda)

4. Mahmud Abbas, why don't we get the facts?
(Palestinian Authority)

5. King Abdul, I need your help. Can you please...?
(Saudi Arabia)

6. Mouamar Qadafi, let's wait on this until we have more information.
(Lybia)

7. Ismail Haniyah, what did you mean by that?
(Hamas)

8. Sa'eb Erakat, I don't like that, so why don't we do this instead?"
(Palestinian Authority)

9. Hassan Nasrallah, I'm sorry you're upset.
(Hezbollah)


10. Ahmed Tibi, let me get back to you.
("Israeli" Arab MK)


What do you think? Are there go-to phrases something you would be willing to try on Arab terrorists?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Corrected version - please replace

B"H

If facebook is depressing, twitter with this "what are you doing" question is an instigation to commit suicide. Why? because the "What are you doing" question is an indicator of thoughtlessness: what are you doing? Like: tell me something. Or: have you eaten? If I knew how to build sites I'd put up one with the question: What do you think of this? And: what do you think of that? What are you doing? Bleah, vomiting!

You Might Also Like...