24 of the Third Month 5767
Rafi G. at Life In Israel made me do this....
Here are my Top 12 Reasons to live in Israel:
12. Not missing the same desert weather, beaches, and plant life of Southern California. It's all here!
11. You don't have to be a doctor, a lawyer, or an accountant in order to be a highly respected member of the Jewish community.
10. "Rabbi" IS an acceptable career choice for a "nice Jewish boy."
9. Jewish farmers: Yep! They really exist.
8. Not having to save up all of your sick days at work, in order to take off Jewish holidays
7. Sunday is a regular workday here; Saturday isn't.
6. You don't have to wear a tie to work...yet.
5. The simple, everyday act of commuting to work can be a lesson in ancient, Jewish history and geography.
4. Having deep discussions with complete strangers on the bus, deeper than most people in the U. S. have with their friends
3. Connecting with Jews from around the world, and having to communicate with wach other in Hebrew, because it's only language we know in common.
2. People are closer with each other; relationships are more intimate than in the U. S.
And the Number 1 reason to live in Israel is...
1. It's the Homeland of the Jewish People.
Check out more Top 12's and other Jewish and Israeli blog posts on this week's edition of the Haveil Havalim Blog Carnival (#120).