Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shimon Peres Isn't Through with Politics?

י"ד לחודש העשירי תשע"ד

Arutz 7: Diskin’s Denial: I’m Not with Peres
Former Shin Bet head denies his attacks on Netanyahu are a prelude to going into politics with Peres.

Maayana Miskin, December 15, 2013

Former Shin Bet head Yuval Diskin has denied reports that his repeated criticism of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is a prelude to entering politics.

Diskin was rumored to be planning to go into politics with a new political party currently being formed. President Shimon Peres has also been rumored to be involved in establishing the new party.

Diskin has been harshly critical of Netanyahu’s response to talks between the West and Iran, and of reports of high expenses at the Prime Minister’s Residence.

In a post to his Facebook page, Diskin denied that his recent criticism of Netanyahu - among other things, he called the Prime Minister "weak" - stemmed from personal political aspirations. He also rejected the suggestion that he slammed Netanyahu out of frustration that he had not been appointed to head the Mossad.

“Yes, I agree that I am frustrated – because I am a citizen who cares,” he wrote. “I’m a citizen who had a very long career in the defense establishment, sometimes on the front lines… And more than anything, I’m a father to children, two of whom are currently serving in elite IDF combat units, and the third will join them soon.

“So I feel that I have a few shares in this country (as do we all), and as a share-holder, I definitely care, and if I have something to say – I’ll say it!” he continued.

“But it’s a long way from here to deciding to go into politics,” he wrote.

Diskin wrote that he is enjoying his new career in hi-tech, and added, “I have no political ties to former Prime Minister Olmert, or to the imaginary party that President Shimon Peres (whom I admire and respect) is establishing, or to Yair Lapid who I have never – ever – met or talked to… I am not politically connected to any of those people, period.”

With that said, Diskin did not rule out a future in politics. “What will be in the future – I don’t know,” he said.

Esser Agaroth (2¢):
Former Shabba"k (General Security Service, ie. "secret police") chief Yuval Diskin hints to current Israeli President Shimon Peres's potential re-entry into politics.

"Diskin has been harshly critical of Netanyahu’s response to talks between the West and Iran," yet he has also "called the Prime Minister 'weak.'"

Can you make sense of these two statements? I certainly can't. Unless, Shimon Peres is interested in secrets, and Diskin probably possesses many, even I would suggest that he stay far away from Dikin as a political partner.

A year ago, current Justice Minister, and chief "Peace Piece Process" negotiator, Tzippy Livni (HaTenu'ah) tried enlisting President Shimon Peres (Kadima) into her new party. He said no, as did a handful of others. She ended up winning six mandates, three times as many as her former Kadima Party received. Perhaps, Peres wanted to wait this one out, and complete his term as President, while taking his time to see how the dice fall.

Still, I do not see why Shimon Peres needs an official position anyway. He has the power already. Could it be his ego? His need to know that We know he is the one in charge? I cannot say.

I would be surprised if the K'nesseth does not make up a new position, specially designed just for Shimon Peres,...like King. May The Almighty have mercy on us!

In any event, I will hazard a guess that we have not seen the last of Shimon Peres in the political arena.

2 comments:

Devorah Chayah said...

Oh, I do. I think we are seing the last of the Erev Rav regime as I write this. They are sooooo on their way out. It's pathetic that they still have dreams of ruling even as Mashiach is about to be revealed.

Esser Agaroth said...

Thank you so much for your comments, and for your personal efforts!

You give me such hizuq!

:-)

You Might Also Like...