Monday, July 21, 2008

Morfix Online Dictionary

19 of the Fourth Month 5768



For those of you not in the know, I want to introduce you to a great online tool, Morfix Online Hebrew-English/English-Hebrew Dictionary.

It's in Hebrew, but don't fret. All you have to know is what the two buttons are adjacent to the search bar. From right to left they are Hipus (search) and Targum (translation).

Type in your desired word, then hit the Targum button, and voila, there is your translation.

Reading something in Hebrew online? Just copy and paste into the search bar.

These days with universal encoding, it should not be a problem to read and to type Hebrew compatible with the site. However, with older systems compatibility may be an issue, and you may have to adjust your Hebrew encoding in order to use this very useful online tool.

Please leave a comment with other Hebrew dictionary sites, or other related online tools, you like to use.

4 comments:

Leora said...

Thanks, that was great. I bookmarked it.

Here's a Hebrew keyboard I use often:
Hebrew Keyboard Layout
When I want to type a word in Hebrew, I look at the screen with Hebrew keyboard. Sort of like the old way one learned to type, by not looking at the keyboard.

Shimshonit posted a bunch of Learn Hebrew links on Ilana-Davita's blog last week.

Esser Agaroth said...

B"H

Thanks, Leora!

I use http://gate2home.com when my keyboard breaks, or has issues, but I'll check it out.

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

My best friend?

http://www.mikledet.com/

It's an online keyboard, so you don't have to worry about hitting the right keys necessarily :D

Esser Agaroth said...

Thanks, Chaviva!

You Might Also Like...