Mossa'ei Shabbath Qodesh Parshath Emor 5769
1. All [non-Hassidishe] Ashkinazy Jews are bound by the Mishnah Berurah.
2. The concept of Dina Malkhuth Dina is applicable in Eretz Yisrael.
3. "Da'as Torah" is an acceptable answer to a halachic question.
4. With the exception of the "minhag" of keeping two days of Yom Tov outside of Eretz Israel, minaggei avoth are binding and for the most part minhaggei hamaqom are not, al pi halachah.
5. A black hat and tie make you frumer than someone without a black hat and tie.
6. A skirt barely to the knees, with a slit, a tight blouse, and a sheitel (wig) down past the shoulders is modest dress.
With the "best of intentions," certain Jews wanted to "protect" us, but ended up keeping us down,...as in a galuth-minded way of life, rather than a ge'ulah-minded way of life.
And why to you suppose these shams were able to take off in the first place? We were too numbed-out in galuth, and some of us were too concerned with fitting in with the goyim to pay attention.
No. 6 is one of those consequences, a hint of rebellion against those galuthi forces, yet the wrong approach for the wrong reasons.
All you really have to do is learn halachah, learn every sugiyah to the end, without skipping or ignoring the conclusion.
Please leave your favorite shams below in the comments section!