Sunday, February 10, 2013

Which Soccer Fans Are Racist?

מוצש"ק פר' משפטים תשע"ג

I saw this video, posted by the news site 0404.co.il.  It shows Yishma'eli soccer fans from Um al-Fahm shouting epitaphs.  The description below suggests that this video is a good response to accusations that soccer fans from Jerusalem are racist.

Personally, I do not believe that the soccer fans from Jerusalem need any defending.  I have posted this video to show the blatant double standards applied among different groups of "Israeli citizens."
January 30, 2013

"With spirit, with blood, we will redeem Aqsa!"*

(*referring to the Al-aqsa Mosque on Har HaBayith - the Temple Mount)

...what the riff-raff from Um al-Fahm roared at Teddy [Stadium].  In the association (Beitar Yerushalayim) they do not understand Arabic, and so do not bring them to justice over their calling for the murder of Jews just because they control Har HaBayith the place of the Temple.

Not having enough Arabic speakers sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me.  I doubt that the Israeli police would even try to use that one.  I don't know.  Maybe they would.  I have yet to hear of any investigation into this event opening up.

I have never been to Teddy Stadium.  It is hard for me to fathom that they would not have any Arabic speaking employees around.  But, if they don't, then does that mean that they are afraid to?  If they do, then none of them have come forward to report this crime.

I always thought that there was a law in Israel against "incitement to murder."

But, what do I know?

I'm just a Jew.
Arutz 7: Commissioner To Jerusalem Police: Zero Tolerance For Racism
February 9, 2013
Police Commissioner Rabbi Nitsav Yohanan Danino ordered the Jerusalem District Police Commander, Major General Yossi Pariente, to enact a zero tolerance policy towards racism.

Following an incident involving the Beitar Jerusalem football team, where three fans were arrested for screaming racist chants and holding racist signs, the commissioner said he plans to invite the heads of the Football Association and the State Prosecutor's Office to examine and formulate methods for handling racist fans in the league.

Gee.  I guess Arabs really are second class citizens, as not all laws apply to them.

No comments:

You Might Also Like...