Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jew Encouraging Ascension To The Temple Mount Incurs Intimidation From Police

23 of the Seventh Month/Isru Hag 5770

From Yosef Meir, Hoshana Rabba, 7:46 AM (edited)
Before dawn I was standing outside the entrance to the Kotel
(Western Wall) area calling upon the masses of Jews flowing into the are, to go up in purity to the Temple Mount. As I prepared to enter the security checkpoint to get into the Kotel to daven shachrit (pray the morning prayers), I was detained by the police for about 20 minutes and they only let me enter the Kotel plaza on condition that I not speak about the Temple Mount to anyone. They told me if I was caught speaking about Jewish ascent to the Mount I would be immediately arrested.

During the detention the police told me that if masses of Jews would be attempting to go up to the Temple Mount it would change the situation in our favor. The greater the pressure on police to open the Temple Mount to Jews, the greater the chance it will be open. Facts on the ground.

We must start a worldwide pressure campaign. We need serious activists from all over the world to come forward and help.

Let me know if you want to help and what area you are in.

Double standards on free speech, double standards on the Holiest site to the Jewish People, police intimidation... Still think Israel is a democracy?

It's a deMOCKracy.

Join the תפילת יהודית על הר הבית - עצומה- Jewish Prayer on Temple Mount Petition group on Facebook.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

B"H

http://thetorahrevolution.blogspot.com/2009/10/judaism-holiest-site-for-crying-out.html

Esser Agaroth said...

Readers must also check this post of yours:

The Shallow Truth

Rafi G. said...

what particularly disturbed me is that a statistic was used in the police argument for keeping the jewish access limited. they said that 4956 (if I remember the number correctly) jews visited Temple Mount in 2009. Therefore, that shows not so many Jews are really interested in going up, and they are therefore justified in limiting Jewish access so as to prevent the Muslims from violence.

this bothers me because I think that if they would not put such crazy limitations on jews making it so difficult for us to go - such as the very limited hours it is open to us, the searches and not allowing us to daven, limiting the size of the groups often to very small numbers, being followed by a policeman, the threat of being arrested anytime you twitch because someone thinks you were davening, etc.

If they would not make going up so intimidating and difficult, I am pretty sure more would go. Sure, maybe not 100,000 people all at once, but it would steadily increase...

Esser Agaroth said...

Double Standards, Erev Rav, Co-Dependency...

I know, I know. I sound like a broken record.

One bit of good news,...I think.

Years ago it was reported to me that on Hanukkah {or Hol HaMo'ed or Rosh Hodesh, I don't remember}, Hallel was said. Brachoth were made, and it was recited. It wasn't sung, but apparently there was great kevanna.

Are these "silent protests" the answer. I don't know. I'm not sure how to tackle this one.

HaIvri's "10,000 to the Temple Mount" years ago never had a chance,...for a variety of reasons.

You Might Also Like...